Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:34
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Apr 22, 2006

Hi all,

Following a long preparation period, the conference programme for Berlin (27/28 May) has now been released. The conference will be held at InterCityHotel Berlin (Am Ostbahnhof 5, 10243 Berlin). For complete information, go to http://www.proz.com/conference/6

If you are interested in participating and have additional suggestions to make regarding the programme, or if you
... See more
Hi all,

Following a long preparation period, the conference programme for Berlin (27/28 May) has now been released. The conference will be held at InterCityHotel Berlin (Am Ostbahnhof 5, 10243 Berlin). For complete information, go to http://www.proz.com/conference/6

If you are interested in participating and have additional suggestions to make regarding the programme, or if you would like to ask questions to the speakers already entered, you are invited to post here or to contact them via their profiles.

Registration will start shortly, ProZ.com is currently working hard to fix a remaining bug in the system.

In addition, a "pre-conference" powwow is scheduled for the evening of Friday, 26 May. I decided to move this from Saturday to Friday since the first conference day already includes dinner at the hotel where the event takes place. Check back on the powwow list - http://www.proz.com/powwow/698 - if you are interested in upcoming news regarding the powwow venue.

Best regards and see you in Berlin,

Steffen
Collapse

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Registrierung nur bis Step 3 Apr 23, 2006

Hallo Steffen,
fein, dass man sich jetzt registrieren kann.
Einige habens ja auch schon geschafft, aber bei mir klappts leider nicht.
Bei Mozilla Firefox kommt nach Drücken auf NEXT (für Schritt 3) erscheint nur eine Blankoseite. (Deprimierende weiße Fläche).
Mit IE kommt die von Steffen beschriebene Meldung und füllt den ganzen Bildschirm aus. Nichts mehr zum anklicken.
Hoffentlich blockiere i
... See more
Hallo Steffen,
fein, dass man sich jetzt registrieren kann.
Einige habens ja auch schon geschafft, aber bei mir klappts leider nicht.
Bei Mozilla Firefox kommt nach Drücken auf NEXT (für Schritt 3) erscheint nur eine Blankoseite. (Deprimierende weiße Fläche).
Mit IE kommt die von Steffen beschriebene Meldung und füllt den ganzen Bildschirm aus. Nichts mehr zum anklicken.
Hoffentlich blockiere ich jetzt nicht mehrere Einkaufswagen.*schäm*

[Bearbeitet um 2006-04-23 10:14]
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Strange behaviour - please contact Dwayne Apr 23, 2006

Hi Steffi,

I am answering in English because this is the (English) Events & Announcements forum.

When did you actually try to register? The shopping cart error message issue should be resolved by now, according to Dwayne Maye, the programmer responsible for the conference page.

I'd recommend to try again and get in touch with Dwayne directly if the problem persists - his email address is dwayne {at} proz.com
Please also include screenshots of the def
... See more
Hi Steffi,

I am answering in English because this is the (English) Events & Announcements forum.

When did you actually try to register? The shopping cart error message issue should be resolved by now, according to Dwayne Maye, the programmer responsible for the conference page.

I'd recommend to try again and get in touch with Dwayne directly if the problem persists - his email address is dwayne {at} proz.com
Please also include screenshots of the defective pages.

Best,
Steffen

[Edited at 2006-04-23 16:28]
Collapse

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Confirmation of participation May 12, 2006

Hi Steffen,
if I want to show (e.g. to an agency) that I was a participant at the conference I can only show my invoice. Right?

When I was on a training lately "technical translations" by BDÜ and tekom I got a paper
"hereby we confirm that Steffi .... has succesfully participated..."
Would it be difficult to get something like a confirmation of participation for the conference in Berlin too?
I am not sure if it changes something because I am not that fa
... See more
Hi Steffen,
if I want to show (e.g. to an agency) that I was a participant at the conference I can only show my invoice. Right?

When I was on a training lately "technical translations" by BDÜ and tekom I got a paper
Would it be difficult to get something like a confirmation of participation for the conference in Berlin too?
I am not sure if it changes something because I am not that familiar with conferences and
maybe this is not common for conferences in general.:???:

Kind regards
Steffi

[Edited at 2006-05-12 15:03]
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll check with Henry re. issuing confirmations May 13, 2006

Tuliparola wrote:

Hi Steffen,

I am not sure if it changes something because I am not that familiar with conferences and
maybe this is not common for conferences in general.:???:

Kind regards
Steffi

Hi Steffi,

I'll check with Henry regarding this but I do think it should be possible to draw up some sort of "certificate"/confirmation.

Steffen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Programme for ProZ.com Regional Conference in Berlin released

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »