CNN coverage of ATA - details
Thread poster: Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Nov 10, 2002

Dear all,

Please find below the latest information regarding CNN\'s coverage of the latest ATA conference....

Posted on behalf of \"Kevin Hendzel,

ATA Public Relations Co-Chair\"

Kind regards,

Nathalie

Dear Nathalie,

I saw your inquiry on Lantra today and was not able to log on from my location here to reply.
... See more
Dear all,

Please find below the latest information regarding CNN\'s coverage of the latest ATA conference....

Kind regards,

Nathalie

Dear Nathalie,

I saw your inquiry on Lantra today and was not able to log on from my location here to reply. If you could post the following message to the list, I would very much appreciate it. Please feel free to cross-post it to other mailing lists you subscribe to. It was a huge success for translators and interpreters, with much more coverage to follow this week:

The Translation and Terrorism Town Hall Meeting in Atlanta was covered extensively by US and international media all day Friday and into Saturday. This was an excellent opportunity to raise the visibility of translators, interpreters and the ATA itself in the national media.

CNN.com is running the Associated Press wire story on the event that was released on Saturday morning. The story is running on the front page under national news, direct link is http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/11/09/fbi.linguists.ap/index.html This is the story that will likely show up in newspapers throughout the U.S. CNN will also be broadcasting segments (small sections of interviews) of the story throughout the week on their national and international TV network. There are no scheduled times for these -- they are being run as part of the Iraq story.

We also had TV coverage from NBC, ABC, Fox and CBS, along with syndicated radio interviews. Glenn Nordin, Ron Wolfe and I were interviewed by the TV networks throughout the afternoon and evening. CNN did an additional interview with Margaret Gulotta after the event. We have radio interviews scheduled later this week that will run in the U.S. (including CNN radio).

Several translators mentioned seeing the TV coverage in their hotel rooms during the conference. We will be collecting and compiling all the TV footage, but would appreciate knowing if any translators happen to hear or see coverage of the event this week.

Cross-posting of this message to other mailing lists welcome.

Thank you,

Kevin Hendzel

ATA Public Relations Co-Chair

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-11 04:35 ]
Collapse

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 09:09
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
"direct link" is not working (for me, probably) Nov 11, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-11-10 21:37, CTIS wrote:

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Nathalie

Dear Nathalie,
... See more
Quote:

On 2002-11-10 21:37, CTIS wrote:

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Nathalie

Dear Nathalie,

I saw your inquiry on Lantra today and was not able to log on from my location here to reply. If you could post the following message to the list, I would very much appreciate it. Please feel free to cross-post it to other mailing lists you subscribe to. It was a huge success for translators and interpreters, with much more coverage to follow this week:

The Translation and Terrorism Town Hall Meeting in Atlanta was covered extensively by US and international media all day Friday and into Saturday. This was an excellent opportunity to raise the visibility of translators, interpreters and the ATA itself in the national media.

CNN.com is running the Associated Press wire story on the event that was released on Saturday morning. The story is running on the front page under national news, direct link is http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/11/09/fbi.linguists.ap/index.html. This is the story that will likely show up in newspapers throughout the U.S. CNN will also be broadcasting segments (small sections of interviews) of the story throughout the week on their national and international TV network. There are no scheduled times for these -- they are being run as part of the Iraq story.

We also had TV coverage from NBC, ABC, Fox and CBS, along with syndicated radio interviews. Glenn Nordin, Ron Wolfe and I were interviewed by the TV networks throughout the afternoon and evening. CNN did an additional interview with Margaret Gulotta after the event. We have radio interviews scheduled later this week that will run in the U.S. (including CNN radio).

Several translators mentioned seeing the TV coverage in their hotel rooms during the conference. We will be collecting and compiling all the TV footage, but would appreciate knowing if any translators happen to hear or see coverage of the event this week.

Cross-posting of this message to other mailing lists welcome.

Thank you,

Kevin Hendzel

ATA Public Relations Co-Chair

Collapse

Cristina Silva
Cristina Silva  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:09
Member (2004)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Do a search for the URL and it will work Nov 11, 2002

Hi Vladimir and others,

The link doesn\'t work but then if you go to http://cnn.looksmart.com/r_search?l&izch&pin=021110x568517bd49c2dcf8521&sites=cnn&qp=&key=translators&search=0&qt=translators

and do a search, it will work. Please remember to make sure the URL is in one single line.

Best regards,
... See more
Hi Vladimir and others,

The link doesn\'t work but then if you go to http://cnn.looksmart.com/r_search?l&izch&pin=021110x568517bd49c2dcf8521&sites=cnn&qp=&key=translators&search=0&qt=translators

and do a search, it will work. Please remember to make sure the URL is in one single line.

Best regards,

Cris

Boulder
Collapse

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know why the link was not working Vladimir Nov 11, 2002

Hi Vladimir!

The link in my original posting (above) had a period at the end of the link, which should not have been there (he had put a period at the end of his sentence - but when I copied & pasted the message, the forum included it as being part of the link).

I had tested the link from the Email message I received and it worked (because that period was not considered by Outlook Express).

I edited my post above - so all is ok, feel
... See more
Hi Vladimir!

The link in my original posting (above) had a period at the end of the link, which should not have been there (he had put a period at the end of his sentence - but when I copied & pasted the message, the forum included it as being part of the link).

I had tested the link from the Email message I received and it worked (because that period was not considered by Outlook Express).

I edited my post above - so all is ok, feel free to click on it to access the CNN page

Have a good night everyone (I\'m finally going to bed - it\'s almost 1 AM)

Nathalie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CNN coverage of ATA - details

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »