Nov. 10, SFT "setting up in France" training in Montpellier
Thread poster: ChrisDurba

French to English
Sep 14, 2007

Four or five times a year, the SFT (Société française des traducteurs, the national association of professional translators in France) runs a one-day course covering
(1) how to set up as a freelance translator in France (admin, tax, social security, issuing invoices, red tape in general -- *extremely* hands on)
(2) how to build up a practice of direct clients.
These courses are offered in a range of cities (Paris, Metz, Lyon, etc.) with the next one in (drum roll....) Montpellier.
Feedback is always very positive (as in "the best move I ever made in getting my business onto a professonal footing"), and the courses are almost always full.
In other words, if interested, sign up now via the "formations" section of the SFT site :
SFT and ITI members get a reduction; for everybody else it's EUR 60 for the full day and EUR 40 for a half day. Note that the course is in French.
I am one of the instructors and would be glad to answer any questions (
best to all,
Chris Durban

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nov. 10, SFT "setting up in France" training in Montpellier

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search