https://www.proz.com/forum/language_industry_events_announcements/97499-new_prozcom_team_member_andr%C3%A9_pellet.html

New ProZ.com team member: André Pellet
Thread poster: Andre Pellet (X)
Andre Pellet (X)
Andre Pellet (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:01
Feb 19, 2008

All,

For those of you that I have not had the pleasure of meeting, my name is André Pellet. I recently joined ProZ.com as the Chief Operating Officer (COO). My initial focus will be working with the Connect/Platform team to expand and deliver tools for the benefit of our members.

This will be an exciting year at ProZ.com! Our team will be rolling out several new innovations while enhancing the current features across the platform. Our goal is to deliver tools that will
... See more
All,

For those of you that I have not had the pleasure of meeting, my name is André Pellet. I recently joined ProZ.com as the Chief Operating Officer (COO). My initial focus will be working with the Connect/Platform team to expand and deliver tools for the benefit of our members.

This will be an exciting year at ProZ.com! Our team will be rolling out several new innovations while enhancing the current features across the platform. Our goal is to deliver tools that will allow ProZ.com to become more than just the meeting place, and become the workplace of the language industry.

A little background on me: I have been in the translation and localization industry for over 20 years, having worked with many of you as President of M2 Enterprises/M2 Limited and, most recently, with Welocalize. I have been active with the ATA and its Washington chapter, NCATA, GALA, LocalizationWorld, Multilingual Computing, as well as a Charter member of the ALC. As an engineer with a specialization in computer science, I bring a technical background to my position, having developed the suite of administrative and translation tools used at M2, as well as serving as the Chairman of the ALC Technology Committee. My experience has allowed me to see the industry from different perspectives including freelancers, small agency, large company, and buyers of language services.

I look forward to working with many of you. I welcome your comments and suggestions as we introduce some exciting new releases. Please feel free to contact me at andre[at]proz.com at any time.

Regards,

André
Collapse

Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 18:01
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Welcome, André. Feb 19, 2008

It's good to hear we have a new Proz.com team member.
All the best, André!
Mónica

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:01
French to English
+ ...
Welcome aboard, André! Feb 19, 2008

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:01
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Welcome, André Feb 19, 2008

What an impressive background, André! Glad you are here with us.

Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New ProZ.com team member: André Pellet

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »