Thread poster: Filipa Plant dos Santos

Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:25
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
Nov 24, 2011

Hello everyone

A friend of mine is going through a custody process for her two children, between the UK and Portugal, and needs to find a Portuguese translation of the first two complete sections of the UK 1989 Children Act, as she has to present it to the court here in Portugal, and as soon as possible (of course!!).

I think it is possible that this exists on a government website somewhere....... but where?

I have helped her search but have had no luck.... See more
Hello everyone

A friend of mine is going through a custody process for her two children, between the UK and Portugal, and needs to find a Portuguese translation of the first two complete sections of the UK 1989 Children Act, as she has to present it to the court here in Portugal, and as soon as possible (of course!!).

I think it is possible that this exists on a government website somewhere....... but where?

I have helped her search but have had no luck.

Could anyone help us out by saying where this information may be publicly available?

Any hints, tips or information gratefully received!!

Thanks in advance!!

Filipa Plant
Collapse

Maria Amorim (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 05:25
Swedish to Portuguese
+ ...
European Union website Nov 25, 2011

I would suggest starting a search at Google with

”UK 1989 Children Act" site:.eur-lex.europa.eu

There are many references to the act on the European Union website. How detailed they are for this purpose, one must check. To speed up the search, your friend can open a document in any language and change the page to PT (as an example, in the link down one can substitute “SV” for “PT”)
See more
I would suggest starting a search at Google with

”UK 1989 Children Act" site:.eur-lex.europa.eu

There are many references to the act on the European Union website. How detailed they are for this purpose, one must check. To speed up the search, your friend can open a document in any language and change the page to PT (as an example, in the link down one can substitute “SV” for “PT”)
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:72001L0055:SV:NOT

I hope she can get some helpful information about this subject.

Boa sorte!
Collapse

Filipa Plant dos Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:25
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Obrigadissima!! Nov 25, 2011

Hi Maria,

Thanks for this. I'll have a little look for her.

Thanks again and have a nice day!!

I'll post again if I have any luck!

Filipa XX

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Portuguese Translation of 1989 UK Children Act

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search