Translation sample sources and copyright
Thread poster: Lara S

Lara S
Australia
Local time: 22:43
Japanese to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2012

Hi, I'm putting together translation samples in a variety of specializations (legal, automotive, etc.) for my website, and I'm not too sure how the legal side of things works, since you're reproducing someone else's work and then demonstrating a translation of that. Where do you get your translation samples from? What copyright is involved for that kind of thing? Any useful resources you could recomend? Cheers

Maria Amorim  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:43
Swedish to Portuguese
+ ...
Reference to source and author Feb 3, 2012

Hi Lara!

I have put in my website, in the blog section, some articles that I have translated from Swedish to Portuguese followed by the link to the reference source together with the author´s name of the original text. I don´t upload the original articles which are published in a newspaper available in the internet. In this case, I think this procedure is sufficient as far as I know.

Best regards.

Lara S
Australia
Local time: 22:43
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 8, 2012

Thanks Mariaicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation sample sources and copyright

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search