Thread poster: Hideyuki Fukui
Hideyuki Fukui  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:30
English to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 4, 2012

Hi,

I am about to start translating a japanese patent to a Certified Copy of the Foreign Application in English.

However, I am not sure about the style for them (such as how they are organized and what headings are commonly used), so I need a sample to look at.

Where can I find samples of them?
Any sample is fine as long as it is in English.

PS. A reference to a style guide is also appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claus Sprick  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:30
French to German
+ ...
this might help: Aug 5, 2012

"The Japan Patent Office (JPO) has had for many years a free MT tool on its website for translations of all Japanese patent applications published since 1994. Google Translate is now available on the European Patent Office (EPO) and World Industrial Property Organization (WIPO) website for translations of patent applications between at least 28 languages, including many European languages as well as languages such as Japanese, Chinese, and Korean."
http://www.translationdirectory.com/articles/article2349.php

Or have a look at
www.epo.org/applying/basics.html
if a *European* patent is applied for.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Patents: need samples for Certified Copy of the Foreign Application

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search