Tariffs for legal translations
Thread poster: Giulia74

Giulia74
Local time: 15:55
English
Mar 23, 2013

Hello there,
I have been asked to carry out some Italian to English translations of legal documents related to property sales and purchases in my local area in Italy. I am quite clear on the fee for the translations, however, I have been asked to be present in the solicitor's office for the final reading and signing of the documents. Can anybody give me an idea as to how much I should charge for this particular service? I honestly have no idea.
Thanks in advance

LEXpert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:55
Member (2008)
Croatian to English
+ ...
Not that complicated... Mar 24, 2013

Unless you are bound statutory fees for these services, charge for your time based on what you would have earned translating rather traveling to/from and being at the attorney's office.

Giulia74
English
TOPIC STARTER
Traveling expenses Mar 24, 2013

Thank you for your reply, that's very helpful. So you don't think I should have a separate charge for traveling expenses? I have to drive 1 hour to go to the main city where the solicitor's office is located.

almacarle
English to Italian
+ ...
legal assistence Mar 25, 2013

hi

calculate 1 hour to go
1 hout to go back
waiting time in the office
reading time
gasoline
highway:-)
RESPONSABILITY

good job:-)
almacarle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tariffs for legal translations

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search