https://www.proz.com/forum/legal/282079-starting_as_freelance_lawyer_linguist_in_luxembourg.html

Starting as Freelance Lawyer-Linguist in Luxembourg
Thread poster: JVSantos
JVSantos
JVSantos  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 10:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 19, 2015

Hello,

I am a freelance Lawyer-Linguist and legal translator, based in Luxembourg.

I´m giving my first steps in the global legal translations field. I translate from English to Portuguese, French to Portuguese and Spanish to Portuguese. And I cover European and Brazilian Portuguese.

I´m preparing my own website that I will a web-based translation agency focused primarly in lawyer-linguist, legal, financial and business translations services including lan
... See more
Hello,

I am a freelance Lawyer-Linguist and legal translator, based in Luxembourg.

I´m giving my first steps in the global legal translations field. I translate from English to Portuguese, French to Portuguese and Spanish to Portuguese. And I cover European and Brazilian Portuguese.

I´m preparing my own website that I will a web-based translation agency focused primarly in lawyer-linguist, legal, financial and business translations services including languege localization by expanding the range of languages and offered services.

If business turns well as I expect, I will transform the business model and I will incorporate it as company.

I would like to exchange input with fellow lawyer-linguists and legal translators. What CAT and TM tools and dictionaries do you use?

Thanks very much for any advice provided!

João (JC)
Collapse

JVSantos
JVSantos  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 10:57
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Additional info Feb 19, 2015

Let me just add that I´m a user of SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance Plus, Wordbee and I´m testing currently WordFast.

Regards,

Joao

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting as Freelance Lawyer-Linguist in Luxembourg

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »