Your Trados mémoires
Thread poster: Therrien

Therrien  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:47
English to French
+ ...
Jun 27, 2008

I feel like a little mouse on the desk of a translator.

I was given a TM for my pretranslated series of documents.

I came to befriend one translator called SAM (as written on the workbench), while I did not know who he was nor where he was from.

I liked his style, and I learned from him as much as I would like to do the same in my
added corrections.

I imagined the funny scenario while brewing my second cup of coffee where I could meet him one day and tap a bewildered SAM on the shoulder to say : "Good one on the 'such and such' segment, I could not find it anywhere else!"

After staring at SAM generated translation segments for hours on end, I came to talk to my screen with comments like : "Sam, oh Sam, you missed that one there." or "Hey you were right, afterall!"

I mentionned the subject to my wife and she raised an eyebrow with a smirk. To play the tune some more I started even saying : "Sam gave me a hard time, today." I have spent too much days in the solitary confinement with a computer, she thought.

Oh well, I don't mind this concept passing for another French excentrism; that's how I won her heart anyway.

Best:

Alex

[Edited at 2008-06-27 20:10]

[Edited at 2008-06-27 20:11]

Direct link Reply with quote

George Hopkins
Local time: 04:47
Swedish to English
He? Jul 9, 2008

Of course, Sam, like Alex, could be a "she".

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your Trados mémoires

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search