Katherine Zei
Katherine Zei  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:29
Italian to English
+ ...
May 12, 2003

Hello everyone.

Today, I stumbled upon the nth humour site devoted to slips in the English language. It can be found here:

http://www.rinkworks.com/said/

Among the notables are the Words Without Thought -- Bungling the English language segment and the The Language Barrier -- When learning English, sometimes being close is still very far away
... See more
Hello everyone.

Today, I stumbled upon the nth humour site devoted to slips in the English language. It can be found here:

http://www.rinkworks.com/said/

Among the notables are the Words Without Thought -- Bungling the English language segment and the The Language Barrier -- When learning English, sometimes being close is still very far away segment.

Enjoy!

Katy

Collapse

Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:29
English to Hungarian
+ ...
It is a great site! May 13, 2003

Thanks for sharing.

Katherine Zei
Katherine Zei  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:29
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sempre un piacere, mai un dovere! May 13, 2003

Always a pleasure, never a chore!

Kvasir
Kvasir
Canada
Local time: 10:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
How to ask a stupid kudos question May 15, 2003

What an entertaining site!

no doubt we get stupid kudos questions from time to time, usually from anonymous users.

Few ones (or variation thereof) i can recall:

- \"M\" context: \"the letter M\" (english-chinese)

- \"John Smith\" (or any name given in latin alphabets). context: \"how is my name spelt?\" (english-chinese)

- \"16\" context: \"length\" (english-french)

- (any words with multiple meanings) context: \
... See more
What an entertaining site!

no doubt we get stupid kudos questions from time to time, usually from anonymous users.

Few ones (or variation thereof) i can recall:

- \"M\" context: \"the letter M\" (english-chinese)

- \"John Smith\" (or any name given in latin alphabets). context: \"how is my name spelt?\" (english-chinese)

- \"16\" context: \"length\" (english-french)

- (any words with multiple meanings) context: \"please help!!!!\" (english-any language)

- (any unfamiliar abbreviations) context: \"abbreviation\" (any language-any language) sure, let us do the guesswork!

- (any term) context: \"hi!\" or \"thank you all!\" (any language to any language) erm. thankx for being polite, but...

- \"someterm\" context: \"someterm\" (any language to any language) why bother with the context field when you are just repeating the source word?

While we\'re laughing at other people\'s stupidity, i can\'t help but think that at some point in our lives we may be the ones asking or saying the stupid things. The sad part is, we probably would never realise it ourselves.

-kvasir

[ This Message was edited by: Kvasir on 2003-05-15 22:26]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yet Another Hilarious Speech/Written Word Site

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »