Off topic: April Fool
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 1, 2009

A customer informs me I have been paid electronically for two invoices. Two? The second's not due yet, I thought. The customer being of that rare but welcome breed that not only pay on time, but send e-mails of their own volition to tell you about payment, I am not so surprised.

But wait, wait, what's the date? 1 April. Aha. After my dire Friday The Thirteenth warnings last time, when nothing bad happened in the end, I must be going paranoid, because my mind conjures up a vision of the customer giggling to the secretary, "Sure, I told him we'd paid, and the sap fell for it. What a sad nerd."

I've checked the bank, but nothing yet, so is this just a matter of bank registration times, or could it be ...

(small drum roll)

... A Cruel April Fool?

Direct link Reply with quote

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Croatian
+ ...
Conspiracy Apr 1, 2009

The bank and the client are conspiring against you, Mervyn. Fight them back !

Tell the client that your entire translation was just a joke and no term is accurate or equivalent.

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Money paid Apr 1, 2009

Nope, no conspiracy - the dosh has arrived.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

April Fool

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search