Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Off topic: You are working too hard on your computer when...
Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:53
Spanish
+ ...
Loss of human interaction Oct 18, 2009

This just happened to me:

A woman was outside my building looking for somebody there but she didn't know her apartment number. I've been to this person's place but I didn't remember the apartment number either. My first thought was texting her but I didn't have my phone with me. My second thought was DM her at Twitter, but I don't have her Twitter name. So I decided to email her from my place. Then the woman said, "why don't you just go to her apartment?"

It just didn't
... See more
This just happened to me:

A woman was outside my building looking for somebody there but she didn't know her apartment number. I've been to this person's place but I didn't remember the apartment number either. My first thought was texting her but I didn't have my phone with me. My second thought was DM her at Twitter, but I don't have her Twitter name. So I decided to email her from my place. Then the woman said, "why don't you just go to her apartment?"

It just didn't occur to me, it was the most logical thing to do. I depend so much on my computer and gadgets that I couldn't think of simple human interaction. Sad.
Collapse

Ali Tuna
Ali Tuna  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:53
Turkish to English
+ ...
When... Oct 19, 2009

... you are having a bad day,
...you reach for CTRL + ALT + DEL!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

You are working too hard on your computer when...

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »