Off topic: For users living in England...
Thread poster: Tom in London

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:12
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Aug 29, 2014

...who know about the county of Essex, I couldn't resist posting this.

Nick Ferrari, a morning radio host on a talk station called LBC, was interviewing various people in Essex about an upcoming political election in the town of Clacton, which is well-known as a retirement town for oldies from London.

Just north of Clacton is the seaport of Harwich, from where you can take a car ferry to Holland, Germany, etc.

At the end of his interviews, just as the closing music was playing to terminate the programme, Ferrari said "So never forget: Harwich for the Continent, Clacton for the incontinent".

Laura Harrison  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Haha Aug 29, 2014

Thanks for the tip - living in Chelmsford I don't want to risk a mix up!

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
Frinton Aug 29, 2014

Tom in London wrote:

At the end of his interviews, just as the closing music was playing to terminate the programme, Ferrari said "So never forget: Harwich for the Continent, Clacton for the incontinent".

I thought it was Frinton for the incontinent. But if I lived in Clacton and could look forward to my MP being of a certain ilk, my bladder might just start behaving badly.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
good timing... Aug 29, 2014

just finished translating a document on wipes for incontinent patients...icon_biggrin.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For users living in England...

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search