Off topic: Mild amusement courtesy of Dragon
Thread poster: Robin Salmon
Robin Salmon  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:21
German to English
+ ...
Dec 20, 2004

One of the bonuses of using Dragon Voice Recognition Software is the unexpected laugh it occasionally provides. Here's one from a German translation I am doing and it might amuse Australians:

The Neuenburg was once a centre of mediaeval court culture and later became the residence and hunting lodge of the chooks of Saxony-Weissenfels.

(chook=chicken)

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:21
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Rather more alarming Dragon error Apr 4, 2005

I dictated one of the purposes of a company as "carrying out tourist activities" and found that it had printed "carrying out terrorist activities"!

Excuse me if you are alerted to messages in this old thread. I am using this post to experiment with downloading images into forums, since the way I used to do it is no longer valid. No luck so far.

OK, I've got it to work now.

[Edited at 2005-11-29 15:49]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mild amusement courtesy of Dragon

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search