Off topic: The importance of understanding another language
Thread poster: Nina Khmielnitzky

Nina Khmielnitzky  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:43
Member (2004)
English to French
Feb 13, 2006

English (in this case).

http://www.zenadsl5692.zen.co.uk/WeAreSinking.swf

Enjoy!

Nina


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Evi Wollinger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:43
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
so funny... Feb 13, 2006

Thank you for posting this link! I already got this last week from my sister in Germany - kids and I watched it many times!

Direct link Reply with quote
 

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 07:43
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Special reader needed? Feb 13, 2006

I clicked on the link and was taken to the site but nothing happened. Do I need some special program to be able to see this?

OK, now I see it. Hilarious! Sorry, I guess I was just impatient. It took nearly 10 minutes to download.

[Edited at 2006-02-13 20:37]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stephanie Diaz
English to Spanish
need flash player Feb 13, 2006

JaneTranslates wrote:

I clicked on the link and was taken to the site but nothing happened. Do I need some special program to be able to see this?



Jane,
I didn't see any thing at first either, but then right-clicked on the link and selected "save target as..."

it saves the flash movie in your computer, when the download is ready, press open... and enjoy!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 07:43
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks, Stephanie Feb 13, 2006

Stephanie Díaz wrote:

JaneTranslates wrote:

I clicked on the link and was taken to the site but nothing happened. Do I need some special program to be able to see this?



Jane,
I didn't see any thing at first either, but then right-clicked on the link and selected "save target as..."

it saves the flash movie in your computer, when the download is ready, press open... and enjoy!



I finally saw it without having to right-click, but I'm glad you told me about that. I'll remember it in the future.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 13:43
German
+ ...
MPEG version Feb 21, 2006

Here's the video as a downloadable MPEG file that can be played in Windows Media Player without plugins or similar:
http://video.greatestjournal.com/node/4279


Direct link Reply with quote
 
lingomania
Local time: 21:43
Italian to English
Error? Apr 22, 2007

tectranslate wrote:

Here's the video as a downloadable MPEG file that can be played in Windows Media Player without plugins or similar:
http://video.greatestjournal.com/node/4279


The page won't open for me..............


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The importance of understanding another language

Advanced search






SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search