Thread poster: Chillistore
Chillistore
Chillistore
Ireland
Local time: 00:49
Member (2012)
Dec 9, 2014

Dear All,

I know this to be a polemic topic, but I have a practical question about the Portuguese variant used in Angola.

Do products such as the operating system in Windows system and smartphones sold in Angola in Iberian Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese?

Thank you!

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:49
English to Spanish
Microsoft: Only PT_BR and PT_PT Dec 9, 2014

Chillitech wrote:

I know this to be a polemic topic, but I have a practical question about the Portuguese variant used in Angola.

Do products such as the operating system in Windows system and smartphones sold in Angola in Iberian Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese?

Hi Chillitech,

As far as Microsoft is concerned, apparently, they only handle two versions of Portuguese for their products: Brazil and Portugal.

You can check here.
http://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Search.aspx

Just click on the arrow on the right of "Select a language" and go to "Portuguese".

Good luck.

Chillistore
Chillistore
Ireland
Member (2012)
TOPIC STARTER
So, in Angola Dec 11, 2014

Thank you Miguel!

So, am I right to assume that, in Angola, the products in the market are used in Portuguese (Portugal) and not in Portuguese (Brazil)?

Anyone?

XXXphxxx (X)
XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Yes Dec 11, 2014

Chillitech wrote:

Thank you Miguel!

So, am I right to assume that, in Angola, the products in the market are used in Portuguese (Portugal) and not in Portuguese (Brazil)?

Anyone?

The colonisers were the Portuguese not the Brazilians

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Angolan Portuguese in product interfaces

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »