Kinyarwanda translation help
Thread poster: robothugs
Apr 19, 2009

I'm writing a paper on the psychology of language acquisition and sentence structures in Kinyarwanda. I'm trying to put together an initial report for my supervisor, but it looks like the online database I was using has been corrupted...in any case, I was hoping that someone would remind me how to treat multiple WH-particles within a phrase.

Who bought what?
Why did who go where?
I wonder which cow she bought where?

if anyone has any idea, I'd be very grateful.

Kirstie
MA candidate, Linquistics,
Queen's University, Canada.

Direct link Reply with quote

Edward Vreeburg  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:30
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
anyyhing in here? Apr 20, 2009

www.kigalicoders.com/kinyarwanda/kinyarwanda.pdf
www.nu.ac.za/department/data/kinappl.pdf

just guessing...

Maybe it would help if you put forward your own ideas first and ask for confirmation of them, rather and asking somebody to explain it to you...

Ed

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kinyarwanda translation help

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search