Greeting in Nepali. Any help?
Thread poster: xima

xima  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
English to Catalan
+ ...
Nov 12, 2003

Dear colleagues,
I have been invited to present an event held by "Friends of Nepal" in my city.
I would like at least to salute the assistants with a short but nice Nepali greeting.
Can anyone tell me how I could say, for instance. "Hello and welcome" or something similar? I'm just trying to be kind to them.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Xima

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:32
Georgian to English
+ ...
A few suitable words in Nepali Nov 12, 2003

can be found at:
http://www.trekking.net/html/nepali_words.html

I suspect the thread might be more at home in "Linguistics" or "Off topic", than "Fusion" (although of course that depends on what "Fusion" is destined for:-))

best wishes
Giuli

~Eng Russ Geo~

If you like, you could also try asking an English>Nepali Kudos question or two (using the "more languages" list in "ask question")

[Edited at 2003-11-12 22:36]

xima  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
English to Catalan
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank very much Nov 13, 2003

Dr. Giuli Kvrivishvili wrote:

can be found at:
http://www.trekking.net/html/nepali_words.html

I suspect the thread might be more at home in "Linguistics" or "Off topic", than "Fusion" (although of course that depends on what "Fusion" is destined for:-))

best wishes
Giuli

~Eng Russ Geo~

If you like, you could also try asking an English>Nepali Kudos question or two (using the "more languages" list in "ask question")

[Edited at 2003-11-12 22:36]

Dear Giuli,
thanks a lot for your reply. You are right about the thread!! The thing is I did not find a suitable place to post my question. I might be rushing too much at that moment!!
And thanks for the link too.
This "fusion" thread sounded to me like "a little bit of everything" and that's why...icon_smile.gif)
I'll post it again in some other thread.
Thanks and best wishes to you too.
Xima

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greeting in Nepali. Any help?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search