International Requirements on Measurement Units
Thread poster: Marina SP

Marina SP
Local time: 14:45
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 28, 2010

I just received a request from a long-standing client that new International Requirements on Measurement Units stipulate that decimal periods should be used in all languages and English format should be followed. E.g. 2mL or 2,000 kg should show as such in all languages. This concerns clinical study materials (at least).

This is the first time I am hearing about this and cannot find any reference online. If anyone has any info about this, can you kindly enlighten me? I am concerned that the client may be misinformed. Like I said, this has not come up in any other projects so far.

Thank you for any info!

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:45
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Marina Oct 29, 2010

There is no such thing, AFAIK. It looks to me that this is a kind of inhouse requirements invented by this specific client. In any case, decimal points instead of decimal commas in Russian text (I see that you are translating into Russian, so I am mentioning Russian specifically) will be considered a major error, unless they are speaking about non-localised software or something like that.

Natalia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International Requirements on Measurement Units

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search