AD VERBUM Ltd
AD VERBUM Ltd
Latvia
Local time: 02:34
Member (2005)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Jul 16, 2015

Hi, can anybody help us out and check if this is Persian language?

Houman jan bayed bery to Gogol map peyda kon station ke bayed peyadeh beshy. Shyed agar Shahram ra piyda kardam biyad donbale to, please he be man khabar bedeh .

Thank you!

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 06:34
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Why Persian? Jul 16, 2015

I don't know any Persian, and I cannot answer your question. I'm just curious what made you think it's Persian. To me, it looks like some Malay language, a distant relative of Bahasa Indonesia with some English in it for good measure. Madagascar?

Cheers,

Hans

Serena Basili
Serena Basili  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 01:34
English to Italian
+ ...
Confirmed by a native speaker Jul 16, 2015

Yes, an Iranian friend of mine says it's Persian, but also says that the meaning is not clear to him because there are some mistakes that make no sense-

Hessam Nejati
Hessam Nejati  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:34
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
It is Persian in Fingilish Jul 16, 2015

Hi,

The language is Persian aka Farsi. The excerpt seems to be part of a chat which used English alphabets locally known as Fingilish.

Here is the translation:

Dear Houman, you should find the station you need to get off on Google Maps. May be if I could find Shahram, [I will let him know and] he may come after you. Please let me know what happens.
Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Persian language

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »