Gender-Neutral Pronouns -- do you use them/hear the used?
Thread poster: bloodclot

bloodclot
Local time: 18:01
English to Polish
Sep 1, 2015

Hi! I am trying to look into the practice of using PGP (preferred gender pronouns) and have prepared a survey regarding its use (there is a short explanation of the whole idea in the survey). Would you be so kind and fill it out? I would also appreciate it if you could spread it among your friends and colleagues and share as much as possible. It would really help us get some real insights into how it's used. The more diverse responses the better, so please click the link no matter your political viewsicon_wink.gifhttp://goo.gl/forms/ZJDjUx1v03

Thanks!

PS Do you have any experience in translating such pronouns into other languages? Are there any similar phenomena in your native languages?

PPS If you have any questions, suggestions or relevant comments, please contact me via siadlaks@gmail.com or within this thread

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Survey only for "genderqueer" and "transgender" translators Sep 1, 2015

I got about halfway before I realised that two thirds of the survey assumes that I'm genderqueer or transgender. You should make the survey grey out questions that do not apply, based on responses earlier on in the survey.

bloodclot
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
not really... Sep 1, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

I got about halfway before I realised that two thirds of the survey assumes that I'm genderqueer or transgender. You should make the survey grey out questions that do not apply, based on responses earlier on in the survey.

Which question led you to believe that? Each question has answer options for any gender identity. Do you mean: "How often have people asked you about your PGP?"? If so, maybe I should have led with the information that at some universities it is a common practice to ask everyone about it.

[Zmieniono 2015-09-01 11:36 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Gender-Neutral Pronouns -- do you use them/hear the used?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search