Stylistic Devices in a poster
Thread poster: TranslatorZlo

TranslatorZlo
Russian Federation
Apr 11

Hello, dear friendsicon_smile.gif
Could you tell me, what stylistic devices are used in this slogan?
"You can be someone's superhero"
(here's the poster itself https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/06/f9/0206f926892adef3d8aca39741a85f69.jpg )

Thanks a lot!

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:01
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Puzzled Apr 13

TranslatorZlo wrote:

Hello, dear friendsicon_smile.gif
Could you tell me, what stylistic devices are used in this slogan?
"You can be someone's superhero"
(here's the poster itself https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/06/f9/0206f926892adef3d8aca39741a85f69.jpg )

Thanks a lot!

I'm puzzled by the question. Everything in the poster is a stylistic device.

DZiW
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
+ Apr 13

First, there're different classifications (theories), so the results and definitions may vary.

Second, we were taught there're three main stylistic/expression devices: (1) phonetic, (2) lexical, and (3) syntactic ones, let alone (4) the graphical level--a picture, amending the meaning.

Third, it's but a concoction of stylistic means and devices of different proportions--from a metaphor, a metonymy, a simile, and a hyperbola to a periphrasis and even euphemism or maxima.

Why, I still remember a strident text about Vodka shaped as a bottle.

TranslatorZlo
Russian Federation
TOPIC STARTER
well, Apr 14

I need to find here something like metaphor, pun, irony etc
but there seem to be nothing in here, I hoped that maybe somebody would see anything

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Stylistic Devices in a poster

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search