Thread poster: barbara jarczak
| | barbara jarczak
Local time: 12:31
Dutch to French
I would like to put my name, profession etc..in Thunderbird, so that it appears under my mails and that I can delete it for friends.
But only my name and email appears. Could someone help me to find tha right way to do it? Thanks in advance!
If I've well understood what you'd like to do, I think the normal way to do this is to activate an automatic signature that appears at the end of the message.
To do so,
1) right-click on the name of your account in the left side of the window and select "properties"
2) In the window that appears you have a check box with something like "attach this signature" (sorry I don't have this software in English so it may not be the exact denominations of the functions). Activate it this check box
3) Then click the "Browse" button and select a text file that you've previously created with the information you want to be embedded in your message (profession, tel. number etc...)
4) Click "Ok"
5) Try to write an e-mail without necessarily sending it, you'll see your signature appears at the end like that, for instance that's mine :
e-mail : email@example.com
tel : 06 79 31 22 79
To avoid it to be added when you send an e-mail to a friend, you have two options :
- remove it manually for each message
- have two addresses, a professional one that you configure with the automatic signature and a personal one that you don't
I believe you've already tried with the electronic card, I've just tested it and I have the same problem. Only the name and e-mail appears. I don't know why but I'll try to find out. For the moment you can use an automatic signature.
Hope that helps !
| || || |
| | Robert Tucker
Local time: 11:31
German to English
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »