Copy of "J-J Rousseau: Transparency & Obstruction" by J. Starobinski?
Thread poster: egunn

egunn  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:05
French to English
May 22, 2012

I'm wondering if someone might possibly have a copy of the book "Jean-Jacques Rousseau: Transparency and Obstruction" by Jean Starobinski" (the English translation)?

I'm translating a text which includes a few quotes from this book, and I'd like to use the "official" translation of these passages if possible. I have a few days left to deliver the translation: not long enough to obtain a copy myself unfortunately...

Germaine  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:05
English to French
+ ...
Possibilities... May 23, 2012

egunn wrote:
I have a few days left to deliver the translation: not long enough to obtain a copy myself unfortunately...

Did you try a public library? a University library? Calling a librarian who would be pleased to read the passages to you?

Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:05
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
I Know Where There Is One May 23, 2012

The British Library

http://explore.bl.uk/primo_library/libweb/action/search.do?dscnt=0&vl(174399379UI0)=any&frbg=&scp.scps=scope:(BLCONTENT)&tab=local_tab&dstmp=1337761534552&srt=rank&ct=search&mode=Basic&dum=true&tb=t&indx=1&vl(freeText0)=Jean-Jacques%20Rousseau:%20Transparency%20and%20Obstruction%20Jean%20Starobinski&vid=BLVU1&fn=search

Check the options below the title entry.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy of "J-J Rousseau: Transparency & Obstruction" by J. Starobinski?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search