Need help finding a book in English that has not been translated into Spanish yet
Thread poster: mlezana
mlezana
mlezana
Argentina
Local time: 05:17
Sep 5, 2013

Hello, I'm studying English and for my thesis I have to translate a book written in English into Spanish but the condition is that the book had not to be translated into Spanish before.
Do you know where can I find a book?
Thanks, Marcela

Martina Fink
Martina Fink  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 20:17
German to English
Some ideas Sep 5, 2013

I know that House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski hasn't been translated into Spanish yet, but I wouldn't wish that translation upon anybody

You might want to consider self-published novels or books from independent publishers. I don't have any specific books in mind but a bit of research on Google should suffice! Otherwise just pick an English book or author that you like and check if Spanish translations exist. G
... See more
I know that House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski hasn't been translated into Spanish yet, but I wouldn't wish that translation upon anybody

You might want to consider self-published novels or books from independent publishers. I don't have any specific books in mind but a bit of research on Google should suffice! Otherwise just pick an English book or author that you like and check if Spanish translations exist. Google is your friend.

[Edited at 2013-09-05 21:22 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:17
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Clarence D. Ussher: An American Physician in Turkey Sep 6, 2013

This was published 1918 but to my knowledge has not been translated into other languages. I self-published my German translation last year. Copies can be requested from Sternedale Classics.

mlezana
mlezana
Argentina
Local time: 05:17
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks you! Sep 6, 2013

mlezana wrote:

Hello, I'm studying English and for my thesis I have to translate a book written in English into Spanish but the condition is that the book has not been translated into Spanish yet.
Do you know where can I find a book?
Thanks, Marcela

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:17
French to English
Only you know what you like Sep 6, 2013

Why don't you start at home? Find something you would enjoy translating and see if it has been translated. That way at least it'll be fun for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help finding a book in English that has not been translated into Spanish yet

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »