Literary translation Fr- Eng
Thread poster: Caroline Szpak
Caroline Szpak
English
+ ...
Nov 27, 2004

How do I get experience in literary translation? Just call a publisher and ask if there are any books to translate? Or do you have to "know someone"?

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxPRen  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:05
French to English
+ ...
Canada Council Nov 27, 2004

Caroline Szpak wrote:

How do I get experience in literary translation? Just call a publisher and ask if there are any books to translate? Or do you have to "know someone"?

Caroline, go online and check out the Canada Council - they may be able to put you in touch with a publisher/author looking for a translation.

Caroline Szpak
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks I'll try that. Nov 27, 2004

Paula Rennie wrote:

Caroline Szpak wrote:

Caroline, go online and check out the Canada Council - they may be able to put you in touch with a publisher/author looking for a translation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Literary translation Fr- Eng

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search