How to find translation jobs in literature?
Thread poster: Teresa Woischiski

Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:28
Member (2017)
English to German
Dec 18, 2015

Hello everyone,

I have become a freelance translator this February. Since I have studied English/American literature, I would like to specialize in that. Any ideas on how to get started in this field?

All infos about it would be appreciated, also experiences from translators with this specialization.

Thanks very much,

Teresa

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 10:28
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
From one Teresa to another Dec 18, 2015

I wonder if this is of any interest to you: http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/home/creative-europe/actions/culture/literary-translation_en

Germany
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Teresa Dec 18, 2015

Thanks a lot, I will have a lookicon_smile.gif

Josephine Gardiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Try this... Dec 19, 2015

Hello Teresa,
You might be interested in joining the Emerging Translators Network, which is for people interested in literary translation. https://emergingtranslatorsnetwork.wordpress.com/ (You have to send them an email first).

I think it is mainly for translation into English, but not exclusively, and the group is very active, with people posting links about courses, articles, meetings, news, and even the occasional job.

Germany
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Dec 20, 2015

Thanks very much, J. Gardiner, I will have a look nowicon_smile.gif

bouskilar
France
Translations Jul 19, 2016

Hi,
I read your post and i'm interested because i'm a novelist. I already need of a translator.
Sincerely,

Germany
Member (2017)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Please get in touch via email Jul 20, 2016

Dear bouskilar,

thanks for your reply. Please get in touch via office@deinuebersetzer.com, if you are interested in a translation. I would be happy to talk more about it.

Best regards,
Teresa Woischiski

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find translation jobs in literature?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search