Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 12, 2005

[img]http://www.sabiduriadelcorazon.org/espanol/images/universo[/img]

"In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan. And later, in still summer rains on the steep roofs of poets, the clouds scatter bits of those
dreams, that men shall not live without rumor of old strange secrets, and wonders that planets tell planets alone
... See more
[img]http://www.sabiduriadelcorazon.org/espanol/images/universo[/img]

"In the morning, mist comes up from the sea by the cliffs beyond Kingsport. White and feathery it comes from the deep to its brothers the clouds, full of dreams of dank pastures and caves of leviathan. And later, in still summer rains on the steep roofs of poets, the clouds scatter bits of those
dreams, that men shall not live without rumor of old strange secrets, and wonders that planets tell planets alone in the night."

[...]

[An old friend I met when I was probably 12 or 13 and read his stories and was really scared and fascinated at the same time.]

H.P.Lovecraft, a good old friend. Thanks to George Rabel for this beautiful piece, unsettling, as most of Lovecraft's writings.
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A short biography Sep 12, 2005

Howard Phillips Lovecraft, American writer of fantasy and horror, whose tales are often compared favorably with those of Edgar Allan Poe.

Born in Providence, Rhode Island, August 20, 1890, Lovecraft was a sickly, precocious child whose parents died insane. At the age of 16 he was writing an astronomy column for the Providence Tribune. From 1908 until 1923 he eked out a livelihood from occasional stories in little magazines such as Weird Tales. His stories never earned him much, how
... See more
Howard Phillips Lovecraft, American writer of fantasy and horror, whose tales are often compared favorably with those of Edgar Allan Poe.

Born in Providence, Rhode Island, August 20, 1890, Lovecraft was a sickly, precocious child whose parents died insane. At the age of 16 he was writing an astronomy column for the Providence Tribune. From 1908 until 1923 he eked out a livelihood from occasional stories in little magazines such as Weird Tales. His stories never earned him much, however, and he died in Providence, on March 15, 1937, in poverty and obscurity. About a decade later, his work began to receive serious attention. His tales tell of ghoul changelings, psychic possession, unspeakable evil, and mythical worlds in which time and space are dislocated, as in his Cthulhu Mythos stories. His work had considerable influence on fantasy and science fiction writers, and a cult developed. The stories were collected in several posthumous volumes, including The Outsider and Others (1939) and Haunter of the Dark and Other Tales (1951).

http://home.earthlink.net/~presnell/bio.html
Collapse

MLeiria
MLeiria  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:57
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Perfect words Sep 12, 2005

Hi Aurora,

Thanks for this little piece. I, for one, have had a great fascination for Lovecraft’s writings since my teenage years.
Although it works much better when read at night (it’s around noon where I am)
There’s a great site about him and his work in http://www.hplovecraft.com/.

Cheers
<
... See more
Hi Aurora,

Thanks for this little piece. I, for one, have had a great fascination for Lovecraft’s writings since my teenage years.
Although it works much better when read at night (it’s around noon where I am)
There’s a great site about him and his work in http://www.hplovecraft.com/.

Cheers

Manel
Collapse

George Rabel
George Rabel  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
ain´t it lovely? Sep 21, 2005

"Nyarlathotep, the mad faceless god who howls blindly in the darkness to the piping of two amorphous idiot flute-players."

Aurora Humarán (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The sound of poetry... Sep 22, 2005

George Rabel wrote:

"Nyarlathotep, the mad faceless god who howls blindly in the darkness to the piping of two amorphous idiot flute-players."

So to see you here, George.

In the first paragraph we were bewitched by these words: sea cliffs feathery clouds steep roofs secrets...

And now you bring more music to this party and, again, leave us breathless.

THANK YOU!

Au

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Words from an old friend

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »