Chinese
Sep 23, 2008

Dear friends,

I have a excel file including 3 columns as following:

ID Product_Name Description
101 Hello world {When asking for help, make sure that you:
indicate

the file format(s) involved specify each software package that is relevant to

your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number describe the

step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem. This will help others to help

you. }

--------------------------
the content of between '{' and '}' is 3rd column.because i can't format it as excel in here. So..
Anyway, The description include some tags,and these should be set as External in Trados. Actually, I only need translate 'Product_Name' and 'Description' --2 columns:

My localization method is :-
1.Copy 3 columns to Office Word, and Mark relative tag by VBA
2.Translate Marked file using Trados.and then cleanup them.
3.Remove trados style which was marked before translating.
----------------------------------------------------
According to above.we can localize this kind of file, but i think it's not best way to localize.Because i must copy content to office word,and adjust word format in order to make localization easy and better done.So I hope everybody here can give me your idea on same. Any advices will be welcome.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to handle this kind of excel file?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search