Thread poster: Naomi Yamamoto
Naomi Yamamoto
Naomi Yamamoto  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:52
English to Japanese
Mar 26, 2009

Hi Mif2Go users,

Anyone using Mif2Go (preferbly new version) has some idea of getting the correct fonts? I'm dealing with Japanese doc where both English and Japanese (binary) fonts are used in MIF files. During testing it seems Mif2Go does not support all the fonts from FM (MIF) files correctly.

Also any tips for hhk file? Mif2Go creates a useless hhk file that crashes the help compiler (when I make the hhk non-binary the compiler does not crash but the Japanese ch
... See more
Hi Mif2Go users,

Anyone using Mif2Go (preferbly new version) has some idea of getting the correct fonts? I'm dealing with Japanese doc where both English and Japanese (binary) fonts are used in MIF files. During testing it seems Mif2Go does not support all the fonts from FM (MIF) files correctly.

Also any tips for hhk file? Mif2Go creates a useless hhk file that crashes the help compiler (when I make the hhk non-binary the compiler does not crash but the Japanese character are corrupt none theless).

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

getting the correct fonts and hhk with Mif2Go

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »