Thread poster: patyjs
patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 27, 2010

My sister works for a (Canadian) recycling software company and they are investigating the possibility of using Sisulizer to localize their products for the Dominican Republic and Guatamala.

If anyone has experience with this tool, please share.

Also, does anyone know if there are great differences in terminology in these countries compared to other Latin American countries? Her concern is what version of Spanish to select.

Thanks

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:13
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I used it for one project Apr 27, 2010

and hated it. Unless something has changed the free version for translators does not have elementary functions (like spell checker) and my overall impression was of a tool which is not user friendly.

However to be honest - I did not buy the paid version and I did not spent as much time on training as on Trados or Studio.

Cheers
Stanislaw

Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:13
English to Italian
+ ...
Sisulizer May 8, 2010

The tool is similar to another software I used some years ago, Multilizer.

It could be a good tool for harvesting/importing/exporting text from applications, but on the translator side is a very limited CAT, e.g., it does not have any "Concordance" function, it seems that it lacks any spell checker and has a very limited Search function, for the text already translated, that could be greatly improved.
Also, if you try to export a project in another format and edit the text wit
... See more
The tool is similar to another software I used some years ago, Multilizer.

It could be a good tool for harvesting/importing/exporting text from applications, but on the translator side is a very limited CAT, e.g., it does not have any "Concordance" function, it seems that it lacks any spell checker and has a very limited Search function, for the text already translated, that could be greatly improved.
Also, if you try to export a project in another format and edit the text with other editors/CAT, you'll probably have to face a lot of problems (for me this workaround was impossible).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone familiar with Sisulizer?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »