Alchemy Catalyst 9.0 Review
Thread poster: ichibanmike

Local time: 14:28
Japanese to English
Nov 2, 2011

Does anyone know where I could get a review of Alchemy Catalyst 9.0?

We are considering using it to translate software strings in software for large machinery most likely written in C++ or C sharp. But we also translate many Excel, Word, and Powerpoint (Office 2003 format) files from Japanese to English, and it would be nice if it could be used to translate those too.

Currently we use Teamworks 2008 and SDL Trados 2007 Suite to translate these Office 2003 files. I'm not sure how useful a tool like Alchemy Catalyst 9.0, however, which is primarily used to translate software strings, would be at translating them.

Any opinions on the merits of the product by someone using it would also be appreciated.

Mike Holland

Direct link Reply with quote

Drew MacFadyen
Free trial Nov 3, 2011

Alchemy CATALYST offers free downloads/trials at

I know that is not a review, but perhaps you can try it out and see if it suits your needs.

Local time: 14:28
Japanese to English
RE Alchemy Feb 2, 2012

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your help.

We ultimately decided not to go with Alchemy, but they seem to have a good product from what I was able to see, particularly if you translate software strings, although you can also use the tool to translate text in other formats.

Thanks again,

Mike Holland

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alchemy Catalyst 9.0 Review

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search