https://www.proz.com/forum/localization/21613-webbudget_why_special_treatment_for_urls_and_hyperlinks.html

WebBudget - why special treatment for URLs and hyperlinks?
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 23:44
English to German
+ ...
May 30, 2004

Herllo all!

lately I have downloaded this new tool, Webbudget. It is nice, but I do not understand that the tool comes with special treatment for URLs, Hyperlinks, whereas the outsourcer normally pays for the text content. In my experience, normally the URL etc., remains unchanged and the hyperlinks can be as a matter of choice overwritting, coving the original link, that is the file is fully optically converted. Now I use various tools amongst which also Trados, Tag-editor which i
... See more
Herllo all!

lately I have downloaded this new tool, Webbudget. It is nice, but I do not understand that the tool comes with special treatment for URLs, Hyperlinks, whereas the outsourcer normally pays for the text content. In my experience, normally the URL etc., remains unchanged and the hyperlinks can be as a matter of choice overwritting, coving the original link, that is the file is fully optically converted. Now I use various tools amongst which also Trados, Tag-editor which is giving me best results. I find this to be too expensive. Or is there any secret which I am missing, to give this tool that price.
all help and comments will be appreciated.
brandis

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-05-31 06:53]
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:44
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Translating links May 30, 2004

Hi Brandis,

In simple HTML a hyperlink can consist of three elements that might need translation or localization: the readable text (example), the link itself ("http://www.eloquo.com/") and the text that pops up when you hover over the link. Here’s an example of the HTML code involved, but I’m not sure it will survive:

This is an example.

Regards,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WebBudget - why special treatment for URLs and hyperlinks?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »