archive upgrading from InDesign 3.0 CS to 4 CS2
Thread poster: xxxBrandis

xxxBrandis
Local time: 20:37
English to German
+ ...
Jul 15, 2005

Hello all, One of my clients wishes to upgrade his archive (some technical) files from InDesign 3.0 CS to InDesign 4.0. I could successfully export from he version 3.0 translate .isc etc, but the reimport in 4.0 CS2 is not going, the plug-in is not functioning, and I couldn´t find any newer plug-in for ver 4.0 at trados webside. Any or all ideas will much appreciated. Thank you in advance Brandis

 

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:37
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
you'll need to go via ID3/CS first Jul 15, 2005

I think you'll need to reimport in ID 3/CS, then open the ID file in ID4/CS to convert it into this newer format.

Roberta


 

xxxBrandis
Local time: 20:37
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not going Jul 16, 2005

Roberta Anderson wrote:

I think you'll need to reimport in ID 3/CS, then open the ID file in ID4/CS to convert it into this newer format.

Roberta
Hi! Do you mean the Trados 6.5.5 IND Plug-in currently supporting INDD CS3.0 works also for 4.0. I have checked- ID4.0 is not taking the 6.5.5 plug-in. Best Brandis


 

Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:37
English to Spanish
Translate InDesign Interchange files Jul 16, 2005

Hi,

Indesign has an option for exporting as "InDesign Interchange" (INX), an XML format used for exchanging documents between different versions of InDesign. INX files are InDesign's version of FrameMaker's MIF files.

Heartsome's tools translate INX files as XML and I guess that Trados Tag Editor should be able to handle that format too.

Regards,
Rodolfo


 

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:37
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
reimport in original document Jul 16, 2005

Brandis wrote:

Do you mean the Trados 6.5.5 IND Plug-in currently supporting INDD CS3.0 works also for 4.0. I have checked- ID4.0 is not taking the 6.5.5 plug-in. Best Brandis


No, what I meant is if you have exported the text from ID 3/CS and have successfully translated it, then you sould reimport in the same document/version, and convert to ID 4/CS2 as a separate task afterwards.


 

xxxBrandis
Local time: 20:37
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ingenious Jul 16, 2005

Roberta Anderson wrote:

Brandis wrote:

Do you mean the Trados 6.5.5 IND Plug-in currently supporting INDD CS3.0 works also for 4.0. I have checked- ID4.0 is not taking the 6.5.5 plug-in. Best Brandis


No, what I meant is if you have exported the text from ID 3/CS and have successfully translated it, then you sould reimport in the same document/version, and convert to ID 4/CS2 as a separate task afterwards.
Hi that worked. Thank a million. I saved the tag editor target text and rechanged the file ending to .ind, bingo it went. Thank you Brandis


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

archive upgrading from InDesign 3.0 CS to 4 CS2

Advanced search






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search