Thread poster: anna-b
anna-b
anna-b  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:19
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 8, 2006

I have been asked to use Cats' Cradle to translate a website.

I was wondering if it is possibile to use wordfast simultaneously. The problem is that I was told that with CC no spell check is possibile...

Can anyone help me with some suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 05:19
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
They do the same................ Mar 8, 2006

May be is too early in the morning for my brain, but I don't see the point on using both of them simultaneously.

In fact they do the same basic thing (translating html) but Catscradle seems more user frendly to me, maybe because

- there is not need to configure a TM in advance; the program simply cannot import them

-Preview is immediate

What you said regarding spell checking in CC seems to be true. I would export the translated text (or the TM
... See more
May be is too early in the morning for my brain, but I don't see the point on using both of them simultaneously.

In fact they do the same basic thing (translating html) but Catscradle seems more user frendly to me, maybe because

- there is not need to configure a TM in advance; the program simply cannot import them

-Preview is immediate

What you said regarding spell checking in CC seems to be true. I would export the translated text (or the TM) to Word and check there

Saludos
Collapse

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
French to English
+ ...
How about Webbudget Mar 8, 2006

fairy_queen wrote:

I have been asked to use Cats' Cradle to translate a website.

I was wondering if it is possibile to use wordfast simultaneously. The problem is that I was told that with CC no spell check is possibile...

Can anyone help me with some suggestions on how to solve this problem?

You could do the job with WebBudget. the concept is similar to CC, ie, it extracts the text from the code, but it is much more user friendly and much more customisable. Of course, unlike CC it is not free, but you get one month's trial with unlimited features, so why not use it for this job then decide whether it's worth buying.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Try Caterpillar, or try my typo scripts Mar 8, 2006

fairy_queen wrote:
I was wondering if it is possibile to use Wordfast simultaneously. The problem is that I was told that with CC no spell check is possibile...

You can't use Wordfast and CatsCradle together, but you can pump the Caterpillar content through Wordfast if you tag it. Caterpillar is from the same publisher, but it's not freeware.

Do you have a free or public domain Italian word list of about 100 000 words or longer that you can use for a custom dictionary? If so, you may try these two typo-checkers I've written in AutoIt, which I've now adapted to CatsCradle (I've included a 60 000 word Italian word list in it).

For use with Kastrul (exe zip file 160 kb)
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0VMQKPT4KHDUK3331WV7OASBS6

For use without Kastrul (exe zip file 220 kb)
http://s29.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3T6VPV6CO49CL1MICKOK74SUYP

PS I assume you have MS Windows.

[Edited at 2006-03-08 18:44]

anna-b
anna-b  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all! Mar 9, 2006

Thank you very much for your answers. I will study them and try to identify the most suitable solution (as soon as I have learnt to use catscradle!).

Thanks to Samuel for the links to the typo-checkers, I will download them and see how they work.

All the best!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on Cats Cradle v.3.4

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »