Thread poster: MaykK
MaykK
MaykK
Local time: 13:46
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 4, 2006

Regards to everyone,

I am a student of English Department at the University of Lodz, Poland. This is my fourth year and I am starting preparations for my MA Thesis.

Since my field of interests is translation I decided that I will write about software localisation (most probably I will concentrate on PC games).

However, in order to do that I need some proffessional backup from pros who do this kind of stuff every day.

I don't need much help righ
... See more
Regards to everyone,

I am a student of English Department at the University of Lodz, Poland. This is my fourth year and I am starting preparations for my MA Thesis.

Since my field of interests is translation I decided that I will write about software localisation (most probably I will concentrate on PC games).

However, in order to do that I need some proffessional backup from pros who do this kind of stuff every day.

I don't need much help right now, rather I am looking for people whom I could ask specific questions regarding my thesis as I will go on.

So, any of you who know this matter inside out - please let me know, either write to me:
[email protected]
or post your will to help here. I promise I will not take much of your time and I will greatly appreciate any of your help:D

Regards to all ProZ members and staff,
Michal Kornacki
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Michal Nov 4, 2006

FYI, I have moved the thread to the Localization forum.

Natalia

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Compile a questionnaire, then invite Nov 4, 2006

MaykK wrote:
I don't need much help right now, rather I am looking for people whom I could ask specific questions regarding my thesis as I will go on.

Compile a quesionnaire, then invite people here to participate. Tell people you'll send them a copy (e-mail) of your thesis if they fill in the questionnaire. You can have two or three quesionnaires as the project progresses. Also search the forums for people who have done this before... perhaps some of them can tell you what not to do

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Feel free to contact me Nov 4, 2006

Hi Michal,

Feel free to write me. I'll try to help as much as I can.

Good luck with your studies!

Stefanie

MaykK
MaykK
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thnx:D Nov 4, 2006

Thnx guys for fast replies^^
Will contact you/send you questionnaires when my thesis will get more specific:D

Regards all,
Mike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software localisation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »