https://www.proz.com/forum/localization/59340-japanese_character_corruption_in_helps_hhk_keyword_search_headings.html

Japanese character corruption in Help's (.hhk) keyword search headings
Thread poster: Keisuke (X)
Keisuke (X)
Keisuke (X)
English to Japanese
Nov 8, 2006

Can someone give me some advice on character corruption in keyword search heading in Help file (.hhk)? The original files are created by FrameMaker and I used WebWork Publisher to compile those files.

When I clicked those corrupted headings, it leads to a page without any corruption.

Thanks!

Keisuke (X)
Keisuke (X)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Error in my question:HTML Help Workshop, not WebWork Publisher. Nov 9, 2006

I mean "HTML Help Workshop", not "WebWork Publisher".

Thanks!

Keisuke wrote:

Can someone give me some advice on character corruption in keyword search heading in Help file (.hhk)? The original files are created by FrameMaker and I used WebWork Publisher to compile those files.

When I clicked those corrupted headings, it leads to a page without any corruption.

Thanks!

MITGrad
MITGrad
Local time: 23:46
English
.hhk Encoding? Nov 10, 2006

Keisuke wrote:

Thanks!

Keisuke wrote:

Thanks!

You will probably find the .hhk is UTF8 encoded which will cause the problem you are seeing, it needs to be native encoded, ShiftJIS for Japanese.

Keisuke (X)
Keisuke (X)
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much for your advice. I will check the encoding. Nov 13, 2006

MITGrad wrote:

Keisuke wrote:

Thanks!

Keisuke wrote:

Thanks!

You will probably find the .hhk is UTF8 encoded which will cause the problem you are seeing, it needs to be native encoded, ShiftJIS for Japanese.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Japanese character corruption in Help's (.hhk) keyword search headings

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »