Game Localization : opening/editing a .vcproj file ?
Thread poster: DjoulZ (X)
DjoulZ (X)
DjoulZ (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:40
English to French
Dec 9, 2007

Hi everyone,

I want to open a vcproj file. I tried with Visual C++ Express Edition 2008 first, and then with Visual C++ Express Edition 2005 but in both cases, it said :

"The project you are opening was created in a previous version of Visual Studio. It must be converted to the format used by this version. After a project has been converted, it can no longer be edited, built or run in previous version."

Can someone point me in the right direction ?
<
... See more
Hi everyone,

I want to open a vcproj file. I tried with Visual C++ Express Edition 2008 first, and then with Visual C++ Express Edition 2005 but in both cases, it said :

"The project you are opening was created in a previous version of Visual Studio. It must be converted to the format used by this version. After a project has been converted, it can no longer be edited, built or run in previous version."

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks

DjoulZ

[Edited at 2007-12-10 08:45]
Collapse

Tony Tang
Tony Tang
Local time: 07:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
get instruction from your client Jun 26, 2008

Just ask your client about the version of the development tool and then open it.

the3gwireless
the3gwireless
English to Chinese
I guess it was created by visual studio c++ 2003 Aug 5, 2008

I guess it was created by visual studio c++ 2003, you can check the file's properties such as "modified date" to proof.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Game Localization : opening/editing a .vcproj file ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »