Thread poster: Cinzia Landi (X)
Cinzia Landi (X)
Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
Local time: 04:15
English to Italian
Jul 25, 2012

Hello,

After a loooong time, I managed to create my website using the tools provided by Proz. I am trying to imagine how it can look to a person who visits it. Could you give me your opinion? Does it lead to think of a reliable professional to whom you would assign a million dollar project?

The last page will contain my customers' feedback, tonight I entered the first three projects and asked some customers of mine if they could write something in my favour, for the mom
... See more
Hello,

After a loooong time, I managed to create my website using the tools provided by Proz. I am trying to imagine how it can look to a person who visits it. Could you give me your opinion? Does it lead to think of a reliable professional to whom you would assign a million dollar project?

The last page will contain my customers' feedback, tonight I entered the first three projects and asked some customers of mine if they could write something in my favour, for the moment there is a photo of my personal assistants which I will remove. Tomorrow I will go fishing for compliments, nobody will be spared.

The site is aimed at English-speaking customers, I am not going to add the Italian version since I am not interested in this market. English is not my active language, so I hope I did not make big mistakes, in case pls tell me.

Thank you in advance,
Cinzia

PS: http://www.cinzialandi.my.proz.com/

PPS:
1) Page 1 - Projects done (done?)
2) Fonts: keep changing, I set all to Verdana but I see Times new roman here and there
Collapse

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English
+ ...
Love your references, Jul 25, 2012

Cinzia.

Cinzia Landi (X)
Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Dear Susan Jul 25, 2012

I know,

Nobody can resist them.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:15
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bene Jul 26, 2012

Cinzia, mi sembra bene, ma per alcuni titoli io sceglierei colori un po più scuri (Services, Rates, Payments) perche lo sfondo è bianco.

It looks good but I'd choose darker colours for some headings (Services, Rates, Payments) because the background is white.

[Modificato alle 2012-07-26 01:19 GMT]

Faustine.Rou (X)
Faustine.Rou (X)
Local time: 03:15
English to French
Love the cats but... Jul 26, 2012

The website does look good and the references are really cute...
But I wouldn't put them on your professional website.

I'm talking from experience as a potential customer. When I looked for a shiatsu practitioner, I found one with a website. He stated his receptionist was his cat, as a joke. There was a picture of the cat who was very cute... But it put me off as it made me think this practitioner, despite his qualifications, wouldn't be serious enough to handle my problems.
... See more

I'm talking from experience as a potential customer. When I looked for a shiatsu practitioner, I found one with a website. He stated his receptionist was his cat, as a joke. There was a picture of the cat who was very cute... But it put me off as it made me think this practitioner, despite his qualifications, wouldn't be serious enough to handle my problems.

Then, we're not shiatsu practitioner so...
Collapse

Cinzia Landi (X)
Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Cats Jul 26, 2012

Faustine Roux wrote:

Hi Faustine,
you are right, I created the page to insert my customers' references. I am going to remove the cats, obviously.
Thank you!
Cinzia

PS Note added, I hope to enter the references today. I understand the shiatsu practitioner had a strong sense of humour that was not much useful for his professional career.

[Edited at 2012-07-26 13:44 GMT]

Cinzia Landi (X)
Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
title colors Jul 26, 2012

Yaotl Altan wrote:

Cinzia, mi sembra bene, ma per alcuni titoli io sceglierei colori un po più scuri (Services, Rates, Payments) perche lo sfondo è bianco.

It looks good but I'd choose darker colours for some headings (Services, Rates, Payments) because the background is white.

[Modificato alle 2012-07-26 01:19 GMT]

Yaotl,
thank you, I did not realize it was so clear yesterday night.
Have a nice day!
Cinzia

Faustine.Rou (X)
Faustine.Rou (X)
English to French
Cats! Jul 26, 2012

Cinzia Landi wrote:

Faustine Roux wrote:

Hi Faustine,
you are right, I created the page to insert my customers' references. I am going to remove the cats, obviously.
Thank you!
Cinzia

PS Note added, I hope to enter the references today. I understand the shiatsu practitioner had a strong sense of humour that was not much useful for his professional career.

[Edited at 2012-07-26 08:12 GMT]

I'm sorry, I didn't get it was a joke... I suppose you know why, now. He still doesn't have a proper receptionist (or at least the picture of one...).

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Nit picking Jul 26, 2012

There seems to be a space in front of the first 'I' on your Home page. It really irks me!

I would not specify that you handle 2000 to 2500 words a day.

Good luck,
Marijke

Cinzia Landi (X)
Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
changes Jul 26, 2012

Marijke Singer wrote:

There seems to be a space in front of the first 'I' on your Home page. It really irks me!

I would not specify that you handle 2000 to 2500 words a day.

Good luck,
Marijke

Thank you Marijke,
space removed, and words per day as well. Much appreciated!

Daniela Rita Mazzella
Daniela Rita Mazzella  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Scusate l'intromissione... Jul 26, 2012

..ma tutti i membri paganti di Proz possono creare una pagina di questo tipo tramite Proz?

Grazie
Daniela

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Pity... Jul 26, 2012

Cinzia Landi wrote:
I am going to remove the cats, obviously.
Thank you!
Cinzia

The page(s) look fine, except I really would have liked to have seen the cats

Luisa Cambilargiu
Luisa Cambilargiu  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Looks very good Jul 26, 2012

Ciao Cinzia,

your website looks very good, professional and to the point. Congratulations!

I especially like the smiling face on your picture, it suggests an enthusiastic professional who loves her job.

I'm sorry I missed the cats, I bet they were lovely

Good luck from a fellow citizen!

Luisa

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Looks OK to me Jul 26, 2012

I like it, it seems to be a good mix of formal/informality. The only thing I'd change is where you say: "... continued so far" - I'd say it another way, something like "and I'm still going strong today".

And congratulations for managing to construct anything with the proz web application. I found it too bitty and not clearly enough explained for dimwits like me. After wasting about an hour trying to create a site, I gave up, deciding to stick to what I can do best.

Cinzia Landi (X)
Cinzia Landi (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
still going strong Jul 26, 2012

neilmac wrote:

I like it, it seems to be a good mix of formal/informality. The only thing I'd change is where you say: "... continued so far" - I'd say it another way, something like "and I'm still going strong today".

And congratulations for managing to construct anything with the proz web application. I found it too bitty and not clearly enough explained for dimwits like me. After wasting about an hour trying to create a site, I gave up, deciding to stick to what I can do best.

@neilmac

Still going strong today - seems good, thank you for the suggestion!
About the proz web application, it takes a lot of patience, but at the end it works. The big problem is what to write on the pages! I am not very good at promoting myself: I like to study, read, learn new things, which is the best part of our work. I don't like to write my CV, prepare invoices, widen the client base, but all these things must be done.

If you know what you would enter in this site, I would be glad to prepare a basic version for you, since I have seen how it works.

[Edited at 2012-07-26 18:24 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback on website

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »