Korean Translation Market
Thread poster: mallam

mallam
Local time: 00:32
Jan 21, 2013

Hello All again,

I've started a discussion before on German translation market, and how can one penetrate such large market to work with end clients there...

Now, I'd like to read your opinions on the Korean market (South Korea)

I have this notion that all Korean exporters translate their manuals, documentations, etc. from Korean into English first and then take the English version to agencies or freelancers to translate them into other languages depending on the target export partner, i.e. If Samsung is exporting to UAE, they'll translate the English documentation into Arabic

So I'd like to read your thoughts on this, whether you think this is true or not?

And how this will affect a translator or translation agency approach in targeting such clients?

Looking forward to reading your valuable opinions

James_xia  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
So far.. Jan 24, 2013

mallam wrote:

Hello All again,

I've started a discussion before on German translation market, and how can one penetrate such large market to work with end clients there...

Now, I'd like to read your opinions on the Korean market (South Korea)

I have this notion that all Korean exporters translate their manuals, documentations, etc. from Korean into English first and then take the English version to agencies or freelancers to translate them into other languages depending on the target export partner, i.e. If Samsung is exporting to UAE, they'll translate the English documentation into Arabic

So I'd like to read your thoughts on this, whether you think this is true or not?

And how this will affect a translator or translation agency approach in targeting such clients?

Looking forward to reading your valuable opinions

Hi Mallam

Thanks for your posting. Have you ever contacted the ones in this pair, as they are not that much active peers here.icon_smile.gif

Happy hunting,

James

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Korean Translation Market

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search