United States
Local time: 05:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Should be finished today Dec 26, 2015

Tom in London wrote:

Triston Goodwin wrote:

My intention wasn't to sell my services, only to let people know about a new tool.

Glad to hear it, although to me it does sound like you are advertising a paid-for service.

I can see that. I guess I'm spending too much time in these marketing groups, I'm starting to sound like them.

I'm just about finished putting everything together. I was planning to upload a YouTube video and blog post on the subject, but I'll post a summary here as well. It explains how to create a business page if you don't already have one and how to verify that page. I also have some tips on optimizing it. It's all stuff that anyone can do for free.

Preston Decker
Preston Decker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:44
Chinese to English
Co-working offices Dec 26, 2015

Triston Goodwin wrote:

Ekaterina Kroumova wrote:

I don't work locally. What if I want to target a foreign market?

It's designed for local businesses, but you can cheat a little. What you need is an address in the area that you are targeting - virtual offices and things like that work just fine. I live in a small town, but I'm thinking about signing up for a coworking space in the capital near here so I can place myself in the middle of everything. I have another that's beenset up with a PO Box. I just used the post office address and marked my PO Box number as my suite number. It's a bit of an investment, but it generates more money than it costs.

[Edited at 2015-12-25 19:26 GMT]

Co-working offices may also be worth a look. The co-working office I use offers a mailbox only option for 20 dollars a month.

Dani Karuniawan
Dani Karuniawan  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:44
English to Indonesian
+ ...
CAT booming Dec 27, 2015

Tom in London wrote:

Triston Goodwin wrote:

My intention wasn't to sell my services, only to let people know about a new tool.

Glad to hear it, although to me it does sound like you are advertising a paid-for service.

I agree.

Now is the time for CAT booming, because these tools are sufficiently not so complex (read: easy) for prolific computer programmers, according to my friends with IT background.

Try to provide the service no charge at all. I am sure most of translators under the sky will crowd around you.

[Edited at 2015-12-27 11:43 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Facebook.com/services for Translators

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »