*Need Help ASAP* - Matecat not providing TM recommendations, No Fuzzy Matches, Only MT prompts
Thread poster: Laurie Bennett
Laurie Bennett
Laurie Bennett  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:04
French to English
Jan 11, 2019

Hello! Thanks for reading. I am hoping for help as soon as possible. Have you seen this problem before? (Looks like MateCat is closed for the weekend, so I am reaching out here). The problem:

I no longer get any fuzzy matches or suggestions from the TM, as I work through the document. I am only getting MT suggestions. Even if I translate a segment, then 2 segments later the text is roughly 90% the same, I get only the initial MT suggestion and NO fuzzy match based on my translation.
... See more
Hello! Thanks for reading. I am hoping for help as soon as possible. Have you seen this problem before? (Looks like MateCat is closed for the weekend, so I am reaching out here). The problem:

I no longer get any fuzzy matches or suggestions from the TM, as I work through the document. I am only getting MT suggestions. Even if I translate a segment, then 2 segments later the text is roughly 90% the same, I get only the initial MT suggestion and NO fuzzy match based on my translation. With a 17000 word document, this is very slow and prone to inconsistency. I don't know what to do. Thanks ahead of time.
Collapse

Laurie Bennett
Laurie Bennett  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:04
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
*SOLVED* Jan 11, 2019

MateCat recently added the language English-CA (for Canadian English). For some reason, it is not functioning properly and is unable to communicate with the private TM.

[Edited at 2019-01-11 19:51 GMT]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

*Need Help ASAP* - Matecat not providing TM recommendations, No Fuzzy Matches, Only MT prompts

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »