What should I know about "Content Analysis"?
Thread poster: Tuncay Kurt

Tuncay Kurt  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Sep 13, 2011

Hello All,

I have recently got a job offer about "medical content analysis". Apart from the basic meaning I have no idea about it. Surely I have asked the project manager for some more detail/information and they are doing their best to guide me but I also want to do my homework and search about it. Until now what i know that it is a "2nd stage content analysis within any given medical project" for a 60 minutes interview with (possibly) healthcare professionals or patients etc. (interviews are in Turkish and content analysis will be done in English).

I am a full-time medical translator and highly familiar with medical terminology/literature but since this is an uncharted area for me I am a bit anxious. The problem will not be about the translation procedure but the rest of this whole content analysis process. So, does anyone have any info/experience about what should I expect? Since I have no idea about how long it will take it is pretty difficult for me to give them a fair rate for content analysis of 60 minutes interview. How should I determine my rate? Any tips?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a nice evening.

Tuncay

PS: I have also asked the same question in Getting Established forum.
http://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/207457-what_should_i_know_about_content_analysis.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What should I know about "Content Analysis"?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search