Thread poster: esther tanuadji

esther tanuadji  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 01:52
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Dec 18, 2013

Hello,

I'm not doing translation to Chinese. I was just doing my Clinical Trials homework/assessment and found some very specific terminologies, such as "Null Hypothesis", "pharmacokinetic", "pharmacodynamic", "placebo-controlled trials", "sepsis", "cardioplegic arrest" ... and there the list goes. Then, I was wondering how should one present such terms in Chinese? I never know that there is "pharmacokinetic trial" in TCM, or even "Phase 1/2/3/4 trials" in TCM. Probably anyone of you knows any links to such concept in Chinese medicine/clinical care or any links to Chinese medical dictionary.... this cures my curiosityicon_smile.gif

Thank you!

ricky liu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:52
Member (2013)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I use online En-Zh dictionary Dec 18, 2013

Hello Esther,

I am not a medical professional and all the words you listed look like Greek to me. Under this situation I will seek help from an online dictionary (http://dict.youdao.com). It provides the Chinese translation as well as some example sentences. If the results make sense, I will then Google the translation together with the English source for more references before I choose the final translation.

Hope it helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese Medical Terminologies/Dictionary

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search