MemoQ opens in Free mode
Thread poster: Rod Walters
Rod Walters
Rod Walters  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:44
Japanese to English
Jun 26, 2009

Today when I opened MemoQ, it started in Free mode which means basically that it is unusable.
Is anybody else having this problem?

Inge Meinzer
Inge Meinzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:44
German to English
+ ...
Same Issue, MemoQ starting in Free Mode Jun 26, 2009

Hi Rod,

FWIW, after I saw your post, I checked and found the same issue with my software. I am no longer able to log into the server of the agency who asked me to install it for their projects. I have no idea what this is about.

Inge

Rod Walters
Rod Walters  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 01:44
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Big problem Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for checking Inge.

If this is what it looks like, i.e., some sort of server failure at Kilgray disabling everybody's software, this is a major disaster, and a very strong argument against activation by server.

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 18:44
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Probably not our fault Jun 26, 2009

Hello Rod, Inge,

I think that your issues may be completely unrelated (it seems to me that Rod is using his own license and Inge is using a trial or a mobile license), and I can assure you that there is no problem with the activation server - that would have caused a storm on our support email. What I suspect is that Rod was using a serial number different from what we have on record and what's written on his invoice. Inge is probably using a mobile license that is owned by one of o
... See more
Hello Rod, Inge,

I think that your issues may be completely unrelated (it seems to me that Rod is using his own license and Inge is using a trial or a mobile license), and I can assure you that there is no problem with the activation server - that would have caused a storm on our support email. What I suspect is that Rod was using a serial number different from what we have on record and what's written on his invoice. Inge is probably using a mobile license that is owned by one of our customers. In this case the activation is done on their end.

I sent an email to Rod and will clarify the issue with him.

Thanks,
István
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ opens in Free mode

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »