Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:38
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 31, 2009

Hi there folks. I was wondering: is there any user of MemoQ in central Spain who would be willing to offer me a quick demonstration of the product? I don't mean a representative of Kilgray (well, I would not complain either), but a translator who uses this product.

I would like to see the tool in action and who could do that better than a fellow translator? I don't need a full explanation or many technical details: just seeing how it works in general and how you get about to start
... See more
Hi there folks. I was wondering: is there any user of MemoQ in central Spain who would be willing to offer me a quick demonstration of the product? I don't mean a representative of Kilgray (well, I would not complain either), but a translator who uses this product.

I would like to see the tool in action and who could do that better than a fellow translator? I don't need a full explanation or many technical details: just seeing how it works in general and how you get about to starting and finishing a new job, and opening and saving TTX files from Trados. That's basically it.

Of course I will pay for the time spent! (to a fellow translator, not to Kilgray representatives...)
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
A good starting point Aug 31, 2009

Hi,

This video gives a few real-life productivity tricks that I found worthwhile:

http://www.proz.com/videos/cat%20tool%20webinars/101

I am just finishing a 18k .ttx file with it.

Hope it will help,
Philippe

Edit: there should be percent20 between cat and tools and webinars in the address

[Edit
... See more
Hi,

This video gives a few real-life productivity tricks that I found worthwhile:

http://www.proz.com/videos/cat%20tool%20webinars/101

I am just finishing a 18k .ttx file with it.

Hope it will help,
Philippe

Edit: there should be percent20 between cat and tools and webinars in the address

[Edited at 2009-08-31 09:04 GMT]
Collapse

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Philippe! Aug 31, 2009

Yes, this is pretty useful information. I will have a look at it later today when I have a spare moment. Thank you so much!

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:38
German to English
+ ...
Plans in September? Aug 31, 2009

Tomás, you aren't planning to attend the BDÜ conference in Berlin in September, are you? If so, there would be plenty of opportunities for a closer look then.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
September... Aug 31, 2009

Hi Kevin! This is very interesting suggestion. It would be great to go, but I think I will not make it this time. I will take it into account and keep an eye on the dates for next year for proper planning. It would be tremendously interesting to attend!

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Conference tour Aug 31, 2009

Hola Tomás

MemoQ are planning a conference tour at various venues.

Sorry - I lost the link. Suggest you contact [email protected].

Saludos,
Chris

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Resource Center Sep 1, 2009

Hi Tomás,

Why don't you just check out these videos too? http://rc.kilgray.com/?q=node/trainingvideos

István

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everyone! Sep 1, 2009

For the great suggestions. I will definitely have a closer look at it all when I have a spare minute!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ: any user in central Spain?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »