Thread poster: KSL Berlin

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:09
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2009

I was recently invited to join a collaborative project of freelancers using MemoQ to get a big job done. I usually stay away from such things, but I have found my standalone work with MQ so interesting, and I receive frequent questions about the product from my agency clients, so I thought I'd take a look at what the server version might have to offer them. A lot it turns out. I was overwhelmingly pleased to see what an affordable, efficient, translator-friendly environment for collaboration we have here. Comments from others working with the server have merely confirmed our good experience. Here is a further commentary on this erste Begegnung:

http://simmer-lossner.blogspot.com/2009/10/full-speed-ahead-with-memoq-server.html

Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:09
Dutch to English
+ ...
Nice one Oct 21, 2009

Thanks for posting this Kevin, after reading your blog entry, it seems very promising.

Like you, I usually have reservations about group projects, but with the right mix of people this can open up a lot of doors -- love the idea of screens being updated on two sides of the world.

Take care
Debs

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:09
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for sharing! Oct 21, 2009

Thanks a lot for sharing, Kevin!

We happen to be in the process of evaluating MemoQ server software (without the "online docs" for now) for our in-house team and I am very eager to report my results too! Our aim is to make it happen early next week... and we mean to make MemoQ sweat a bit with a sample of our biggest and trickiest projects. I promise to come back to this forum to report my findings.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Positive first experience with MemoQ server project

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search