https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/159415-%22proofreading_view%22_in_memoq4.html

"Proofreading view" in MemoQ4 ?
Thread poster: Estefanía González
Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 3, 2010

Hi there,

Is there a "proofreading view" in MemoQ4 as in SDL Trados Studio 2009, so that after translating a project I can proofread it under another view?

If yes, where is the proofreading view to be found/activated?

Best regards and thousand thanks for your help,

Estefanía

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:45
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Νο Mar 3, 2010

There is no such view.

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 12:45
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Proofreading view in memoQ 4 Mar 3, 2010

Estefanía González wrote:

Is there a "proofreading view" in MemoQ4 as in SDL Trados Studio 2009, so that after translating a project I can proofread it under another view?

If yes, where is the proofreading view to be found/activated?

Project Home > Settings > tick User is proofreader.

I don't know how this corresponds to the solution offered by SDL Studio though.

TS

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:45
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Nope Mar 3, 2010

No, it does not correspond to that; nor does it correspond to the "proofreading" view of Across.

Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant! Mar 3, 2010

Thanks a lot your help, Tomasz! That was exactly was I was looking for!

Best regards,

Estefanía

[Edited at 2010-03-03 17:39 GMT]

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
On screen only? Apr 9, 2010

Hi All,

And can you print your work (for proofreading) in bilingual format, or do you have to do it on screen only?

Thanks,
Jose Ruivo

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Translator Group Buy Apr 13, 2010

Jose Ruivo wrote:

And can you print your work (for proofreading) in bilingual format, or do you have to do it on screen only?

Thanks,
Jose Ruivo

I might join the present Translator Group Buy, but only if I find a way to print my work for proofreading...

Any insight, please?

Jose Ruivo

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Tabular view Apr 15, 2010

As far as I know, one of the (near) future versions will have bilingual tabular view. I suppose this will be most convenient to use.

I have patched up a small XLST stylesheet to display bilingual xlf (one of MQ export formats) as a HTML table, but it still needs lots of work (in particular, I have to figure out how to strip the tags). I will look into making it more useable...

Denis HAY
Denis HAY  Identity Verified
English to French
memoQ version 4.2 will support bilingual table format Apr 15, 2010

Hi everyone,

If I may… version 4.2 of memoQ, due very soon (most probably next week, but most definitely before the end of April) will, amongst other new features, include support for a new multicolumn format (in a Word doc table).

You will be able to not only print out, but also do actual proofreading in those documents outside memoQ, even include comments if you want, then reimport that into memoQ and automatically update your translations!

Kind regards
... See more
Hi everyone,

If I may… version 4.2 of memoQ, due very soon (most probably next week, but most definitely before the end of April) will, amongst other new features, include support for a new multicolumn format (in a Word doc table).

You will be able to not only print out, but also do actual proofreading in those documents outside memoQ, even include comments if you want, then reimport that into memoQ and automatically update your translations!

Kind regards,
Denis Hay
Collapse

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thank you Apr 15, 2010

Dear Jabberwock and Denis,

Thank you very much for your replies! I'm happy to learn this issue will finally be addressed.

Recently I was excited about the TGB going on here for Translator Pro. I was disapointed, however, to learn that a licence for such product entitles the user to updates for one year only I was expecting something like 3 years worth of updates...

Regards,
Jose Ruiv
... See more
Dear Jabberwock and Denis,

Thank you very much for your replies! I'm happy to learn this issue will finally be addressed.

Recently I was excited about the TGB going on here for Translator Pro. I was disapointed, however, to learn that a licence for such product entitles the user to updates for one year only I was expecting something like 3 years worth of updates...

Regards,
Jose Ruivo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Proofreading view" in MemoQ4 ?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »