How can I export source file.
Thread poster: xxxNguyenMinh
xxxNguyenMinh
Vietnam
Local time: 23:15
English to Vietnamese
Jun 10, 2010

Hi everybody,

This seem to be an odd question. Since I lost the source file and my project is finished and I just want to modify the source file (update table of contents).

Many thanks,

Minh

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:15
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe copy all to source? Jun 10, 2010

The first thing that jumps to mind is to copy the source to the target in all segments (select all segments with Edit > Select all; then do Edit > Copy source to target), MAKING SURE YOU DO NOT CONFIRM THE SEGMENTS AS DOING SO WILL SMASH YOUR TRANSLATIONS IN THE MEMORY, then go to the project view, choose the file and use "Save (dialog)" with the file in that state. This should yield an original document in the source language only.

Once you have the source file again, make sure you delete all the contents of the target side (Operations > Clear translations > All translations) and do a Pre-translate (Operations > Pre-Translate) with your memory, in order to recover the translations from the memory.

Maybe Kilgray or other colleagues have simpler ideas, but I think this is what I do if I could not come up with anything else.

I hope this works for you!

T F F  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:15
English to Italian
No need to think about other solutions... Jun 10, 2010

...I find Tomas' solution very simple & nice...I would say, enjoyable!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I export source file.

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search