How can I export source file.
Thread poster: xxxNguyenMinh

xxxNguyenMinh
Vietnam
Local time: 00:25
English to Vietnamese
Jun 10, 2010

Hi everybody,

This seem to be an odd question. Since I lost the source file and my project is finished and I just want to modify the source file (update table of contents).

Many thanks,

Minh

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:25
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe copy all to source? Jun 10, 2010

The first thing that jumps to mind is to copy the source to the target in all segments (select all segments with Edit > Select all; then do Edit > Copy source to target), MAKING SURE YOU DO NOT CONFIRM THE SEGMENTS AS DOING SO WILL SMASH YOUR TRANSLATIONS IN THE MEMORY, then go to the project view, choose the file and use "Save (dialog)" with the file in that state. This should yield an original document in the source language only.

Once you have the source file again, make sure you delete all the contents of the target side (Operations > Clear translations > All translations) and do a Pre-translate (Operations > Pre-Translate) with your memory, in order to recover the translations from the memory.

Maybe Kilgray or other colleagues have simpler ideas, but I think this is what I do if I could not come up with anything else.icon_smile.gif

I hope this works for you!

T F F  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:25
English to Italian
No need to think about other solutions... Jun 10, 2010

...I find Tomas' solution very simple & nice...I would say, enjoyableicon_smile.gif!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I export source file.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search